Recently I found out about a really cool app designed to help you increase your productivity. Focus Booster like many productivity apps out there are based on the “Pomodoro technique“. Pomodoro is a time management technique created in the 1980s by Francesco Cirillo. The technique is super simple system to take focused work periods and divide them up into 25 minute intervals and then take scheduled five-minute breaks in between set intervals.
The most important parts of this technique are as follows;
- decide on the task that is to be done
- set the Pomodoro timer for 25 minutes
- focus on that task until the timer rings, of update status of that task in your task management program ( I recommend Tracky.com)
- take a short break for 5 min. Really get up and stretch this legs and get the circulation flowing
- and for every 4 Pomodoro cycles take a longer break (15 to 20 minutes)Focus Booster unlike most of the other Pomodoro timer apps out there this one is totally free, works on Mac, PC and Linux. Focus Booster also has an online Web app version at focusboosterapp.com/live.
In this video I give you a quick review on Focus Booster and I hope you find that it works to help you get more things done.